Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spiritual Portrait: Sallie

“Battle Scars” Something For Me- poetry by Sallie Marie Tompkins

I am a representative, ambassador, and spokesperson for battle scars.

Self inflicted wounds were created by a silver spoon.

Low self esteem use to be my life rule; use to run with deceptive fools, which was cruel.

No father figure, let’s paint a bigger picture, no mother, I guess that’s why my emotions were always smothered; because she was supposed to be my cover.

My sister left earth early and gave my soul a blister and my circumstances turned into a result of a repeated twister.

Neglected, misused, and abused, stranded from life’s tune.

No past nurturing to let this constant flower bloom.

In the midst of all the self destructive tragedy grooves; I turn to Jesus.

With Christ I gain my life I lose, to his call, I can’t refuse.

He’s the answer to all life’s clues.

I must carry my own cross.

For my renewed mind, He bled over 2000 years ago, just so I could live.

They made Him carry his own dogwood tree.

Weights of pressure and rugged intentions shaved my image that was full of blemish.

Now my soul has been replenished.

He was misunderstood; they nailed Him to the cross, nails in His hands, they pierced Him in His sides, and they nailed Him in his feet.

They made the crown of thorns on his head run deep.

He put the devil in defeat.

This is how Battle Scars represent me.

All of my life, I’ve waited for a resurrecting moment like this; his love for me takes me into pure bliss.

I never knew Battle Scars could present a greater love like Him.

He has all power to change what you use to be, into who you should be.

He’s all seeing, all knowing, and full of all wisdom.

He’s omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient.

He is simply God in trinity- the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

He’s the creator of smooth, clean lyrics.

My scars have healed and now the word of God is my daily meal.

I am a warrior, no longer in chains, I can’t be killed.

Jesus erased my pain.

So are you ready for battle?

What about your Battle Scars?

What took place in your life that made you a stronger person today?

Live life the battle scars way, don’t play, run the race, and flow at God’s pace.

Now you know me a little bit.

Battle Scars….

By Sallie Marie Tompkins copyright 2007


And if you really want to feel the spirit move you, you should see Sallie perform her poems. She is awesome and I am honored to call her a sister in Christ as well as a dear friend. This was a fun portrait to paint. The joy of the Lord truly shines through this beautiful lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment